Ausrine Sabonyte is the gorgeous sister of Domantas Sabonis, a Lithuanian NBA participant who performs energy ahead for the Oklahoma Metropolis Thunder. Earlier than stepping into the NBA, Domantas performed faculty basketball for the Gonzaga Bulldogs at Gonzaga College in Spokane, Washington.
The information says that Ausrine’s brother, who simply joined the Oklahoma Metropolis Thunder as a rookie, is getting higher as we watch. Undoubtedly, he’s working very exhausting to change into a prime athlete, and he’s getting there in a short time. He’s positively turning into an excellent athlete.
That’s not an enormous shock. His grandfather is retired basketball heart Arvydas Sabonis, who performed for the Portland Blazers from 1986 to 2005.
Who’s Ausrine Sabonyte, Domantas Sabonis’s sister?
Ausrine Sabonyte, who is nineteen years outdated, is the youngest and solely daughter of Arvydas Sabonien and Ingrid Mikelionyt Sabonien. She can also be the primary magnificence queen and actor from Lithuania.
Domantas and Zygimantas, the 2 youngest males in Sabonis’s household, and her three brothers had been all born in Portland. Her mom was solely 18 years outdated when she received the Miss Lithuania pageant in 1988. In 1990, Ingrid married Arvydas, who was 7’3″ tall, on the metropolis corridor.
Ausrine, who’s 6 ft tall, left Lithuania when she was executed with highschool. She went to Spain after which London, the place she is now learning enterprise administration on the College of Westminster.
10 Fascinating Information About Ausrine Sabonyte
- Domantas’s first recreation was for Unicaja Malaga towards Cibona Zagreb in 2012. He’s a brother of Ausrine. On the time, he was solely 16 years outdated. After that, he performed for the Medical Rincon for greater than a yr.
- She was the primary Lithuanian magnificence queen and the youngest and solely daughter of Arvydas and Ingrid Mikelionyt Sabonien’s 4 youngsters.
- Domantas Sabonis’s complete household, together with his sister Ausrine and his mom Ingrida, who was the primary “Miss Lithuania” in 1988, is prone to go to his All-Star weekend basketball recreation.
- Her father was a businessman from Lithuania who was additionally knowledgeable basketball participant. He received the Mr. Europa Award twice and the Eurostar Award six occasions. This makes him top-of-the-line gamers in Europe. He performed within the Spanish ACB League, the Nationwide Basketball Affiliation, and different leagues for seven years (NBA).
- On the FIBA U-16 European Championship in 2012, her brother Domantas Sabonis performed for the Lithuania U-16 Nationwide Staff for the primary time exterior of Lithuania. Sabonis performed for Lithuania on the 2013 FIBA U-18 European Championship. He scored 14 factors whereas he was nonetheless beneath the age of 17.
- Ausrine left Lithuania after she graduated from highschool. She went to Spain after which to London, the place she is now going to high school to review enterprise administration on the College of Westminster.
- In 1982, when the senior Soviet Union nationwide basketball group got here to the U.S., her father Sabonis was one of many gamers who performed towards faculty groups. Regardless that he was instructed to take a break and never play within the 1988 Summer season Olympics, the Soviets let Sabonis preserve taking part in for his or her nationwide group.
- Her mom was solely 18 years outdated when she received the Miss Lithuania pageant in 1988. In 1990, Ingrid married Arvydas, who was 7’3″ tall, on the metropolis corridor.
- Regardless that she was born in Portland and her household was from Kaunas, Lithuania, she lived there for many of her childhood.
- Her father, Arvydas, received an Olympic medal and was inducted into the FIBA Corridor of Fame in 2010 and the Naismith Memorial Basketball Corridor of Fame in 2011. Since October 2011, he has additionally been the president of the Lithuanian Basketball Federation.
Domantas was born on Might 3, 1996, in Portland, Oregon, whereas his father, Arvydas Sabonis, was taking part in for the Portland Path Blazers. He’s the youngest son of Arvydas. He has two older brothers, ygis (1991) and Tautvydas (1992), and a youthful sister, Aurin (1997). When Arvydas was requested if any of his sons would play basketball like him, he identified Domantas as a result of he’s cussed and left-handed.
When Arvydas stopped taking part in basketball in 2003/2004, he and his household moved from Portland to Malaga, Spain.
Going to school
Sabonis turned down Unicaja’s provide of a $630,000 contract for 3 years so he might play within the NCAA. Earlier than the 2014–15 season, he signed with NCAA Division I group Gonzaga College. On November 14, 2014, he made a robust debut by scoring 14 factors, grabbing 8 rebounds, doling out 2 assists, stealing 1 ball, and blocking 1 shot in 20 minutes. On February 3, 2015, he was named West Coast Convention Participant of the Week after averaging 13 factors and 11 rebounds per 26 minutes. The Gonzaga Bulldogs beat the BYU Cougars 91–75 on March 10, they usually received the WCC Event Title for the third time in a row. Sabonis was top-of-the-line gamers within the recreation. He scored 15 factors and grabbed 6 rebounds. Throughout March Insanity, he scored 18 factors and grabbed 9 rebounds to steer Gonzaga to the Candy 16. Gonzaga beat UCLA to make it to the Elite Eight. That is Gonzaga’s first regional ultimate with Mark Few as head coach and their second general. Throughout that recreation, Sabonis scored 12 factors and obtained 8 rebounds. The season ended with a loss to future champions Duke, and Sabonis was named to the NCAA Event South Regional All-Event group. In his first NCAA season, Sabonis averaged 9.7 factors and led Gonzaga in field-goal proportion (66.8%) and rebounds (7.1).
Few instructed ESPN on April 4 that Sabonis deliberate to come back again to Gonzaga for his sophomore yr and that Sabonis had by no means actually considered getting into the 2015 NBA draft.
The second yr (2015–2016)
ESPN ranked Sabonis twentieth amongst NCAA gamers for the 2015–16 season and referred to as him “top-of-the-line and edgiest rebounders within the nation” on August 13, 2015.
Domantas Sabonis of Gonzaga is the toughest employee on the courtroom. The sophomore ahead is a strolling double-double, which might get him a spot on the third group of All-People.
Sabonis began his second NCAA season with a career-high 26 factors (FG: 12/13, FT: 2/2), and he additionally grabbed 7 rebounds in a 91–52 win over Northern Arizona. On December 19, Sabonis scored 36 factors (FG: 12/16, FT: 12/15), and he additionally grabbed 16 rebounds. His group received 86–79. Mark Few, the pinnacle coach of the Zags, stated that he had by no means seen a Zag rating like that. Two days later, Sabonis beat one other profession excessive by giving out 6 assists. He additionally scored 23 factors, grabbed 8 rebounds, and helped Gonzaga beat the Pepperdine Waves 99-73. On January 2, 2016, he got here near breaking his scoring document with 35 factors. He additionally had 14 rebounds, 4 assists, and three blocks in an exciting come-from-behind win in extra time towards the San Francisco Dons, 102–94. On January 9, Sabonis broke his rebounds document once more by grabbing 17 rebounds. He additionally had 28 factors, 3 steals, 3 blocks, and 4 assists, and his group received 85–74. After the sport, Mark Few, the pinnacle coach of the Bulldogs, stated, “Sabonis, none of us can take as a right the sort of yr he’s having. It’s superb how constant he’s.” On January 21, he nearly had a triple-double. He scored 17 factors, grabbed 13 rebounds, and gave out 7 assists, which was a profession excessive. Two days later, Sabonis obtained 20 rebounds, scored 12 factors, and helped out two different gamers. This was a brand new profession excessive for him. He was one in every of 35 folks placed on the Naismith Trophy midseason watch checklist on February 11. Sabonis was named to the First-team All-WCC on March 1, and two days later, he was named a CoSIDA Tutorial All-American.
Sabonis performed in his second March Insanity recreation on March 17. Regardless that he had the flu, he helped his group beat the Seton Corridor Pirates 68-52 and transfer on to the Spherical of 32. He scored 21 factors, grabbed 16 rebounds, and gave 4 assists. On March 19, he had 19 factors, 10 rebounds, 3 assists, and a couple of steals to assist his group beat the third-seeded Utah Utes 82–59 and transfer on to the Candy 16 stage. He additionally held top-of-the-line prospects, Jakob Poltl, who was his direct opponent, to five factors and 4 rebounds. After that, Sabonis was the very best post-up participant left within the NCAA event. On March 25, he had one other monster recreation with 19 factors, 17 rebounds (7 offensive), and 5 blocks, however the Syracuse Orange stopped his run by beating them 60–63 within the ultimate seconds of the sport. In his second season within the NCAA, Sabonis nearly doubled each statistic he had in his first season. Throughout March Insanity, he averaged 19.6 factors, 14.3 rebounds, 2.6 assists, and three.3 blocks. On March 29, Sabonis was named to the CBS School Basketball All-America Third Staff, together with Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram, Jamal Murray, and Yogi Ferrell. Sabonis was additionally one of many finalists for the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Award.
A number of U.S. information retailers stated in early April 2016 that Sabonis would rent an agent and declare himself eligible for the 2016 NBA draft. This is able to finish his profession at Gonzaga. On April 20, he signed with Jason Ranne and Greg Lawrence of Wasserman Media Group to characterize him within the NBA draft.  Earlier than the draft, Sabonis turned down the prospect to participate within the NBA Draft Mix. As a substitute, he labored out with the Phoenix Suns, the Toronto Raptors, the Boston Celtics, and the Utah Jazz 4 occasions earlier than the draft.
Work as knowledgeable
Sabonis made his debut for Unicaja Málaga on September 5, 2012, towards Cibona Zagreb. He was solely 16 years outdated on the time. He was then loaned to Clnicas Rincón for the 2012–13 season. He went again to Málaga for the 2013–14 season. On October 13, 2013, he made his debut within the Liga ACB, turning into the youngest Unicaja participant to take action at 17 years, 5 months, and 10 days. On October 18, he made his EuroLeague debut towards Olympiacos Piraeus. In February 2014, he was one of many prime 10 candidates for 2013 FIBA Europe Younger Males’s Participant of the 12 months. On Might 3, he had his greatest recreation within the ACB. He scored 13 factors and made each shot he took. Sabonis helped Unicaja’s junior group win the silver medal within the Spain Youth Basketball League on Might 10. Within the ultimate recreation, he scored 14 factors and grabbed 8 rebounds. In January 2015, he completed within the prime 5 for the 2014 FIBA Europe Younger Males’s Participant of the 12 months Award. As a way to keep within the NCAA, he by no means signed knowledgeable contract that paid him whereas he was with Unicaja.